ADHD Including EXECUTIVE FUNCTION SKILLS PACKAGE
This full-day workshop will initially introduce ADHD and how a greater understanding of neurodiversity can effectively support additional needs.
This will form the foundation needed to understand the principles of the executive function package.
We will then guide you through our executive function intervention package which is presented as a series of lessons. This can then be delivered as an intervention to pupils.
Executive function is a set of mental skills that include working memory, flexible thinking, and self-control. We use these skills every day to learn, work, and manage daily life and they are key to pupil success in school.
•What ADHD is and how it impacts upon the child and adolescent brain
• Why understanding executive function is key to supporting students with ADHD
• How gender impacts upon ADHD presentation
• Supporting well-being and positive sense of self
• ADHD and emotional regulation Afternoon
• How this package can help pupils plan, initiate and prioritise
• Improving independent learning
• Maintaining focus
• Managing distractions
• Time management
• Sharing of the resource
Who to contact
- Availabilty/ location
- 26th February 2024 9:45am-3:30pm
- Primary, Secondary
- Staff working with pupils with ADHD. The executive function package is best suited to years 5-8 however the ideas and resources could be adapted to suit younger or older students.